Lawn Mowing Tips
Starting up the lawn mower signifies the start of Spring for many Portland Maine residents. We are here to provide some helpful lawn mowing tips to reap the benefits of a healthy lawn in 2015.
- Grass height should be cut 2 1/2″ to 3″ (we recommend 3″)
- Do not cut more than 1/3 of the height off in a single mowing.
- Once per week is the preferable schedule to keep the grass manageable although this will be determined by growth.
- Keeps lawn mower blades sharpened and balanced to avoid injury to the grass.
- Mulching grass clippings (leaving on the lawn) returns valuable nutrients to lawn, when not excessive.
Call AC Yard Services today to have your property mowed by a professional local Maine company.